dimanche 5 octobre 2008

Words

I'm rather fond of chocolate, although preferably plain,
My friends have rarely known me to say "No" to more champagne,
An enthusiastic bear hug makes me feel more alive,
But I need words to help me to survive.

They talk of body language - I suppose it must be true.
Advertisments proclaim that one red rose means: "I love you".
But for those unanswered problems which are churning in my brain,
I need words, or else I'll go insane.

Reading minds is difficult, I just don't have the skill.
I don't know what you want for Christmas or if you're feeling ill,
If you're contemplating murder or just thinking you're too fat.
If you don't use words, it's like talking to the cat.

And yet, I too am secretive and don't say all I mean.
Sometimes it would hurt too much or might provoke a scene.
I scream frustration when you shrug, staring blankly at your drink,
But I'll never tell my father even half of what I think.

So I'm glad that our creator gave us several thousand pages
All filled with words inspired throughout many different ages.
Yet, when he chose to share with us the heart of his great plan,
He didn't send us words, but his own Word became a man.

Aucun commentaire: